Monday, July 24, 2006

The Hopewell Rocks - Walking on the Ocean Floor

Okay, so I'm just figuring out how to work this blog from different applications. The picture to the left is a shot that I took while on vacation at the Hopewell Rocks near Moncton, New Brunswick. I took this picture sometime near low tide. What you need to know is that the tides in the bay of fundy are incredibly powerful, the highest in the world. To give an idea of scale, at high tide, the thin parts of these "flowerpot" style rocks are completely submerged. That's 2-3 times the height of the people walking around them right now. Stunning, really.

I'm sure I can come up with some sort of theological reflection for this, but why spoil a perfectly good picture with words? ;)
 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home