Sunday, January 07, 2007

Back at Work

I can usually tell a good vacation time when towards the end of it I find myself looking forward to going back to work. It was restful, and I certainly got a lot done in terms of my hobbies and such. Although now we need to start preparing the household for the arrival of Sarah's parents during the last week of January.

This morning started frenetically enough when I discovered my computer at the church was without power. Which was odd, since the lights were actually on. Yet my sermon, my notes, my prayers, and all the appropriate material was sitting on my power-less computer. Fortunately, Lesley's computer was not saddled with the same difficulty, and I was able to at least do some preparations until John arrived and found the elusive breaker switch that I couldn't.

Perhaps the lesson learned is to not be so reliant upon both computer and/or printed material. I find it ironic that I was preaching in part on God's sense of humour. I'm laughing... now. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home