Sunday, January 14, 2007

Setting the Record Straight...

I couldn't resist the title.... and a bit tongue in cheek, I suppose. Late this week, Andrew Faiz, Managing Editor of the Presbyterian Record asked me to be the guest columnist for his Pop Christianity column in the April Issue of the Record. I said yes before I even thought about what was involved. Now the real challenge is to figure out what I'm going to be writing on. Apparently I have a fairly wide latitude on this.

For those of you who don't know, I served on the Board of Directors of the Presbyterian Record for about six years, with it officially ending in 2005. For three of those years, I was the Convenor... although my actual title varied as we were adjusting to a new corporate structure, while at the same time still reporting to the General Assembly. During this time, we also hired David Harris, whom I had a chance to work with closely until my term on the Board came to a close.

I suppose this upcoming article marks my official "return" to the work of the Record in some capacity, but this time on the writing end of things... and again, only as a guest columnist. I'm looking forward to it...

But the only problem is... what do I write about?

2 Comments:

Blogger Barb Sypher said...

Congratulations. I will be looking forward to the article especially since I am so interested in that topic.

Sunday, January 14, 2007 5:18:00 p.m.  
Blogger Ande M-C said...

Easy solution: Make the title "A Pre-Post-Modern Late-Contemporary Response to the Gratutious Politicization of Microcausation in the Jurisprudence of Oceania within the Context of the Apocrypha."

That way, the article can be gibberish; no one's gonna read something with a title like that.

Friday, February 02, 2007 12:08:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home