Tuesday, July 25, 2006

the Wild, the Ignorant and the Iggy Shuffle: Anxiety and Youth Ministry

the Wild, the Ignorant and the Iggy Shuffle: Anxiety and Youth Ministry

Blair Bertrand is the associate minister up at St. Andrew's in Brampton. His focus is on children, youth and families. I've known Blair since I was in Cornwall, and he was in Ottawa working in youth ministry up that way before heading off to Princeton for seminary. Blair also happens to maintain a blog as well, and has some good observations.

His entry on Anxiety and Youth Ministry is particularly interesting. Drawing from Mark Yaconelli's book Contemplative Youth Ministry he observes that youth conferences and such are often the spawn of anxiety rather than love.

Anyway, stop reading my interpretation and go see what Blair has to say... I'll have to go buy that book myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger blair said...

John, thanks for the plug.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:13:00 p.m.  
Blogger John Crowdis said...

No problem on plugging. You run a great blog!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 1:13:00 a.m.  
Blogger Ande M-C said...

I've only been to one youth event- Acquire the Fire, so I don't know much about how they are organized. What I can say is that they rely too much on high-energy worship and teachings.

That said, I found that the Anxiety list has many aspects that are identicle to what I see at camp.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 3:23:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home