Friday, July 13, 2007

Homeward Eve

I'm now sitting in front of my Father-in-Law's brand-new computer in Parksville, BC. Tomorrow's going to be a long day, first driving up to Comox, visiting some of Ken & Phyllis' friends, then flying to Toronto with a stopover in Calgary. Assuming everything goes to schedule, we'll be landing at Pearson at nearly 10pm EST. I expect Megan is going to be completely thrown by the time change, and may not sleep well Friday night. I head back to the pulpit on Sunday, but fortunately I'm mostly ready for the service.

All told, it's been a good vacation, albeit the childcare department while in Parksville has been much more intensive than the visit with my parents. There is an amazing difference with one's energy level as to whether or not the home in which we are staying is geared for the presence of a toddler or not.

Church-wise, I had the opportunity to pick the brains of the Tech Team at Knox United Church in Parksville, who also have a video system as part of their worship service. All told, I think we're on the right track, and perhaps in a year or two we might even be able to teach them a thing or two about using visuals in worship!

See you Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home