Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A Victory over Technology!!

Okay, so that's a bit exaggerated... but I actually got something to work the way I wanted it to!

Ever get that sense of vindication after a long battle with some sort of technological device? I do consider myself to be reasonably tech-savvy, but there are indeed many things in this technological environment that are beyond me. After all, I work as a Presbyterian Minister, not as an IT person at Google or Microsoft. Being computer literate is not a job requirement, but it can help. One of my tasks for the summer is to get the church website up and operating in such a way that people will want to keep returning to it on a daily basis. Constantly updating content is an important element.

This Blog, or rather, the mechanics of this blog, is purely a means to an end. Last night, around 12:45am, I finally found a way to make sure the posts on both this Blog and the Announcement Page will be automatically updated on our yet-to-be-posted church website. No need for technical details, but it does mean that the website has a potential of being more than just an internet flyer.

Hopefully within a month we'll be able to see the spoils of victory...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home