Thursday, August 31, 2006

I can't think of anything?

I do find that it takes a certain amount of discipline to maintain a blog. Perhaps writing it into my schedule or to do list in order to write something down at least a couple times per week, if not every day. I was once told that if I am having writer's block, that I should simply sit down and fill pages and pages with the words "I can't think of anything!!" At first, it seemed kind of pointless, but as I took this practice on, I realized there is a power to simply sitting down and writing something. Why? Because whatever writer's block that I was experiencing would quickly evaporate, and I found that more often than not, some thoughts would come.

I think this is in part how our interaction with the Holy Spirit sometimes works. Instead of trying to come up with something profound to say or do ahead of time, we find that God works through us simply in what we're doing. They key, of course, is letting ourselves be open to whatever God happens to be up to... because often we won't know until after the fact.

I guess I am hearing echoes of last Sunday's sermon ringing around in my own head. I don't think people realize that I am as subject to my own sermons as everyone else is. Preaching is as much listening as it is speaking... if not more so. So I guess today I am taking my own advice...

Oh yeah! One more note... If you click on the link to the church website, it will actually take you someplace that's starting to look like something rather than Bluehost's holding page. It's a big step, we're on the verge of having a full functional church website! Special thanks to Jordan and Chris for all their work on this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home