Thursday, August 10, 2006

After Math

Last night's Bible Study went quite well. Considering it's summer, I had seven people out... perhaps a third of what I had out last fall. However, it's still more than I was expecting!

I had forgotten how much I enjoy doing those, and how energized I feel following it. I think it might be the teaching instinct that I get from my parents, but there's a certain amount of satisfaction that rings true when people seem to get it.

I tend to do Bible Studies in a more lecture-style environment, although certainly with room for a lot of questions. I guess from my standpoint is that Biblical literacy is at such a low-point these days, there needs to be a lot of basic information.

The real challenge for me is going to be the next one... not next week, but the next Study that I am going to do: Revelation. Maybe I will subtitle it Jack Van Impe can eat my shorts. I actually wanted to put something else there, but I should try to retain a modicum of decency.

More on this later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home