Sunday, August 06, 2006

Bad Parking Job

On the first of the month, a group from Clarkson Road Presbyterian Church goes to a local Extended Care Facility to sing and pray with the residents. It's a personal kind of outreach, and something that a handful of people really get behind. I support it with my own presence as often as I can.

With today being the August Long Weekend, Siem was a bit concerned as to whether or not we were going to have enough people, since we had expected a number of our key people being away. I told Siem that I was planning on being there, and if necessary I'd do the whole thing a capella. I've done services before without having either a piano or guitar backup, so it didn't really scare me... but it was important for me to be there on time...

...at 1:59, I pull up to the place, and there is barely any parking. I think to myself that I'm going to be late. However, there appears to be a spot between a silver Dodge Caravan and Silver Pontiac Grand Am. Considering I drive a Silver Dodge Caravan myself, this seemed to be okay... but after my first attempt to park, I realized that I would have to try parallel parking.

Five minutes later, I am still trying to get the car properly aligned in the spot. The goal was to have neither the tires on the sidewalk, nor the vehicle too far out on the street... If I were doing a driving test today, I would have failed miserably, because I had the back tire on the sidewalk, and the front end stuck out into the street. [sigh] All the while I am getting more frustrated because I am getting a mental picture of Siem and Arda waiting along with the rest of the residents without any vocal help.

I finally get the van parked, and rush inside. It seems that people came out of the woodwork at the last minute... and the music echoed down the halls... God is certainly gracious, and has a sense of humour. Lesson for the day, slow down... let go... and trust that God is in the midst of it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home