Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Summer Bible Study

I'm trying a Summer Bible Study for the first time in my career. I'm a bit nervous... but I'm following a similar format to what I did last fall with the Genesis 1-11 Bible Study.

This time around it's called "A History of Easter" which looks at the formation and development of the New Testament as a whole. It's less concerned with the verse-by-verse content of the various books of the New Testament. Instead, it asks why certain books were included, while others weren't. I found a comprehensive list of New Testament writings at earlychristianwritings.com which is a really helpful overview of this... I should print off a few copies of this for people...

The trouble with doing an extensive Bible Study is that I'm only just starting to work on my sermon now!! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home