Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sanctuary

This is a picture of the Sanctuary in the church I presently serve. It is currently in it's "generic" regalia. The banners are those of the apostles, and everything else is in Trinity Green for the summer. It's interesting to note that the light behind the cross is not connected to a switch, save for the breakers themselves and is on 24/7. Theological point perhaps?

A Sanctuary is defined as a safe place for one to take refuge in. I once read someplace that harbours are indeed made for ships, as a place of sanctuary, rest, and resupply, but that ships are meant for sailing.

I have a picture of Peggy's Cove from my recent trip someplace. If I can I'll dig it up, and see if we can't play with this metaphor a bit more. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home